Monday, April 13, 2009

Mamma mia, Stefano's

This weekend was a departure from the usual scavenging for local vegetarian restaurants. I think my friend Viv was tired of meals with no meat options. I appeased her by letting her pick the place to eat. Of course she chose somewhere she could soak her teeth into. You know something that was breathing before being placed on the plate. The selection was Stefano's, she heard the restaurant was the best homemade, authentic Italian place to eat. I said why not! I like Italian, and not just the men!

Upon entering the restaurant there was a dispute by who we think was the owner letting a patron know he hadn't seen him in a long time. It sounded like there was going to be a brawl, but I guess it's just the way they show affection. We were seated by a friendly hostess in a booth and our waiter JC was on her heal. He quickly took our drink orders and an order of mozzarella sticks. I people watched for a little, the place was packed and it looked like the regular spot for everyone. I felt at home! I had a caesar salad and the baked ziti. The ziti was piping hot and delicious.

Overall, Stefano's is a good family restaurant a little pricy, but not too expensive. Take some Tums or it might just be me, the marina sauce always gives me a little indigestion. 'Xcuse me! Even though there's no funny story to go with the review Stefano's get's a good lick from my taste buds with a side order of mint Tums.

No comments:

Post a Comment